Recently I needed to setup several mailing lists to use in my current project. And I’ve found great solution for this - MailEnable.
MailEnable is a powerful mailing server. But I only needed the functionality related to the mailing lists:
- Add header text to e-mails
- Add footer text to e-mails
- Reply to List
- Force poster to be a member
- Disable a list
- Password protect lists
- List 'Help' commands for users
- Activity logging
- Prefix e-mail subjects
- Import users from a text file
- Configure List Reply To Address
And all above is available even in MailEnable Standard Edition (Free - unlimited domains/users).